To provide quality patient and family-centered care to people with a life-limiting illness. Our skilled and dedicated hospice team is committed to comfort and dignity through physical, emotional and spiritual support.
What is Hospice?
Hospice is an organization primarily engaged in providing care and services to terminally ill individuals having a life expectancy of 6 months or less if the illness runs its normal course.
Who is eligible?
Any individual with a life-limiting illness and certified by a physician as having a life expectancy of 6 months or less.
How is Hospice financially covered?
In order to be eligible to elect hospice care under Medicare, an individual must be entitled to Part A of Medicare and be certified as terminally ill. Additional payor sources include private insurance. No person will be denied care based on coverage or lack of coverage.
Where is Hospice Care provided?
Hospice services are provided wherever the patient lives. Care and services are delivered to the patient in their home, Group Home, Assisted Living, family member’s home or wherever the patient lives.
What are the services provided by Hospice?
- Physician and Nurse Practitioner services.
- Nursing services (routinely available and on call on a 24-hour basis, 7 days a week).
- Certified Nursing Assistance/Home Health Aid visits.
- Medical Social Work services, Counseling including but not limited to spiritual and emotional support, bereavement and dietary counseling.
- Volunteer service.
- Short-term Respite care in a Medicare participating facility.
- Continuous home care during crisis intervention.
- Hospice is responsible for medical supplies (including drugs and biologicals on a 24-hour basis).
- The use of medical equipment related to the terminal diagnosis and related conditions.
Meet the Team
Hospice of Payson is owned and operated by three nurses who have over 117 years of combined nursing experience. Our professional experience has taught us how to care for patients and their loved ones. We take pride in our profession as we strive for excellence.
Co Founder & CEO
Co Founder & CFO
Marilyn Berglund was born in Nebraska and moved to Arizona in 1981.
Graduated from Norfolk Vocational School Nursing. Nursing experience has been in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, clinical and school nursing. For the past 12 years of her nursing career she devoted her career to the hospice and palliative patient's.
CoFounder & COO